This great post at White Courtesy Telephone quotes a recent survey from Network for Good which notes the following:
- Online donors give significantly more than offline donors.
- Online givers are young, with men and women giving in equal numbers.
- Donors are not new to giving, but they tend to be new to giving online.
- Disaster relief is the leading category of giving and ranks among top searches; other leading giving categories are international causes, animal-related causes, human services and education.
- Donors turn to the Internet at times of disaster and for year-end giving.
- People seem to be at their most generous on weekdays, not weekends.
- The number one reason donors say they give online is convenience: it is easier than writing a check.
It's a lot to think about, but it's worth it.